SIC Maui Recon Air-Glide 10.4 Inflatable Paddleboard
All-Round / Surf
The versatile 10.4 Inflatable Recon surf and fitness inflatable SUP. This board works well for surf, cursing with the family and or fitness such as SUP Yoga. At 15 PSI and 6 inches thick, the Recon is super stiff giving it a great glide. The 10’4″ size works great for smaller lightweight paddles as we as paddlers around 220 lbs.
SIC Maui Air-Glide 10.4 Tech Specifications:
- (DST) Dyneema stringer technology
- Ultra durable single layer PVC tarpaulin skin
- Double reinforced rail construction
- High pressure drop stitch construction (DSC) core
- Two stage pump: dual action to rapidly inflate and single action to bring up to max psi (10 psi min. to 15 psi max)
- Carry handle
- Coil leash (8’x 7mm)
- Cargo net, patch kit, wheelie backpack for easy transport and storage
- U.S. finbox compatible w/tool-less FCS Connect 9.0” fin for quick setup and breakdown
Standard Characteristics of the SIC Maui Inflatables:
The best way to get into paddling with limited storage space, have a small car, or simply like the versatility and convenience. Inflatables paddleboard come in a small backpack style bag, take up very little space and are equipped with a high volume/high pressure pump. Inflatables also offer fun for the whole family. If you or your kids like to play rough or want to keep this board on the dock or deck of your boat, you cannot beat the durability.
They come in as many shapes and sizes as you can imagine and cover the full range of disciplines. They are generally 6 inch drop stitch which is thicker than a standard composite board. Inflatables also have higher volume and more stability than composite boards of similar lengths and widths. You can drop it or run it onto the rocks and for the most part not worry about it. In the event of a puncture, all SIC inflatables come equipped with a repair kit that’s as easy as fixing a flat tire on your bike. They lack the full performance of a composite board but advancements in materials and construction have closed the gap considerably.