2021 Starboard Tikhine Inflatable Series Stand Up Paddleboard
One of the first things that attract people to the Starboard Tikhine SUP is the beautifully Sun and Wave artwork designed by world’s SUP champion and artist, Sonni Honscheid.
The Starboard iGO inflatable board’s straight outline helps to paddle straight and tracks straighter allowing you to paddle more strokes on one side before you need to changing sides, which helps increases your overall speed. The new Deluxe construction with Woven Dropstitch allowed for Starboard to create a lightweight SUP and while adding rigidity. The Bungee straps at the nose are perfect for storing dry bags or gear on your next big paddle adventure.
This is the perfect paddle board range option for first-time paddlers, families with pets and anyone who wants less fuss and more enjoyable water time anywhere.
- Every Starboard inflatable paddle board features welded rails.
- Narrow midsection & wide tail makes for faster glide, more stability, and easier to turn.
Deluxe Single Chamber Construction
STIFFER, LIGHTER, MORE RESPONSIVE
- The Fusion Woven drop stitch makes the Deluxe boards extra strong and stiff.
- The Welded Rail Technology creates a complete airtight, mechanically bonded seam without the risk of glue weakening over time. Making the board stronger and last longer.
- Galvanized 2000D rails increase strength together with the 3K compression bands. (3K bands only on double chamber models)
New woven drop stitch technology is used on the top and the bottom of the board.
The process starts with a glue-free PVC lamination. The new weave provides a structure for the polyester yarns – which gives the board its shape. The weave has less give than the traditional knitting method. Knitted fibers have soft and stretchy properties, whereas this new weaving is superior in stiffness, reflex, and rigidity.
On average Starboard has cut the board weight by over 3 lbs. The yarn threads are reduced per square centimetre for better reflex, less plastic and a lighter paddle board. Less weight, faster acceleration, easier to carry.
The Woven Technology creates a lighter, stiffer and more responsive board.
NEW HEAT WELDED RAIL
BONDED FOR LIFE
– New welding technology turns 2 pieces of materials into a single solid unit resulting in an extra strong Mechanical Bond.
– A mechanical bond is stronger, lasts longer and better for the environment.
– Welding creates a complete airtight seam without the risk of glue weakening over time.
|Model||11’2″ x 31″||10’2″ x 31″|
|340.3 cm||309.9 cm|
|81.2 cm||78.7 cm|
|12 cm||12 cm|
|39.8 cm||55.6 cm|
|Volume||274 L||225 L|
|Rider Weight||100-220 lbs||90-200 lbs|
|Fin Set Up||Thruster||Thruster|
|Fins||Fixed fins||Fixed fins|
|Weight||Deluxe Single Chamber||Deluxe Single Chamber|
|22 lbs (Avg)||19.5 lbs (Avg)|