2023 Memorial Day Salt River Run
We are closing the shop for Memorial Day this year and making a run for it – A RIVER RUN THAT IS!
Join us for morning of paddling the Lower Salt River from Water Users to Phon D Sutton.
Paddleboards, kayaks and canoes are welcome!
This section of river is great for experienced paddlers. There are some hazards that are common with moving water including swift currents, eddies and obstacles to navigate.
* Paddles wet at 8:30am at Water Users to beat the tubers.
* All shuttling will be private vehicles so try to pair up with other paddlers.
* To shuttle, plan to meet at Phon D Sutton Recreation Site between 7:30am and 8:00am to leave as many cars as possible. Last shuttles should be on the way to Water Users by 8:00am.
* Gear should be staged down by the water between 8:00am and 8:30am (arrive early to unload, inflate, shuttle cars)
* If you are running late, just go straight to Water Users. There should be plenty of open seats available to get back to Water Users Lot.
* We will launch from the main path at Water User’s adjacent to the bus drop off area.
* Plan to stop at mud cliffs for a break and collect any stragglers
* Exiting the river at Phon D Sutton
Need a paddleboard or kayak rental? Reserve your gear online HERE. We will have rentals available and ready at Water Users. You won’t need to shuttle any gear – just you and your personal items! Space will be limited, so let us know if you need a board or kayak for the event.
Lifejackets are required! No leashes on the river.
Things to bring:
– board/boat and paddle
– PFD (must be worn)
– Drinking water!!!!!!
– Sunscreen/sun protection/secure footwear
– Drybag that floats and can secure to your craft
– Tonto Day Pass/ NPS Annual Pass
DISCLAIMER: This is a meet-up style event. Your participation is voluntary and you must follow the rules of the National Park Service, observe parking lot rules and stay at least 50 feet away from wild horses.