Whether you’re racing on the SUP circuit or paddling recreational fitness. The NK SpeedCoach SUP is the only performance monitor specifically designed for stand up paddle boarding (SUP). The new SUP 2 design with optional “Training Pack” adds programmable workouts, detailed data recall, heart rate, LiNK compatibility and upgradeable firmware.
SpeedCoach SUP 2 Features:
- Programmable Workouts (Training Pack Only)- Program your workout right on the unit based on time or distance. Workouts are easy to set up, save and run. Unit comes pre-programmed with 5 editable workouts.
- Compatible with LiNK – NK’s Connected Environment of Apps, Web Analytics and Sensors (Training Pack Only) – Expand the performance improving capabilities of the SpeedCoach SUP platform. LiNK includesBluetooth® Smart wireless connectivity to heart rate belts, sensors, phones, tablets, PCs (dongle required) and Macs (coming soon!) as well as cloud connectivity, web analytics and real-time tracking via third party training apps.
- Wireless Data Transfer (Training Pack Only) – Transfer data via LiNK to your PC for review. Export data as a CSV file to Excel for more detailed analysis and charting options. Or export data as a FIT file to enable transfer to most third-party training websites, such as Endomondo, Strava and Training Peaks. Map your paddling course, share your results with friends or coaches via Facebook and Twitter, even challenge your fellow paddlers to a battle to improve on your results.
- Heart Rate Belt Compatible (Training Pack Only) – Compatible with any Bluetooth® Smart (Also called Bluetooth 4.0 or BLE) heart rate belt. SUP-specific calorie equation incorporates heart rate feature to provide the most accurate energy expenditure calculation for intense paddlers.
- Wirelessly Upgradeable Firmware – Build on the LiNK connected environment when upgrades become available. Note: Bluetooth® Smart Dongle Required
- Real-Time Measurements –Speed, Stroke Rate, Glide, Distance Per Stroke, Heart Rate, Calories Burned – Get all the real-time measurements you need to improve you paddling and reach your racing or fitness goals.
- SUP-Specific Calories Burned – View Total Calories Burned and Calorie Burn per Hour based on NK’s proprietary SUP-specific calorie equation. Take your training further by tracking energy expenditure in the form of calories. Enter your base metrics of height, weight and age, and the SpeedCoach SUP uses your raw data and a propriety algorithm for calculation of submaximal oxygen consumption (VO2) to determine energy expenditure.
- Enhanced ON-Unit Data Recall – Easy-to-view screens with interval summaries and 25 hours of memory.
- Wirelessly Updateable Firmware (Dongle Required)
- Two Flex Fields – Organize your display with the fields you want to see.
- Auto Backlight
- Crisp, High Resolution Graphical Display – View your display night or day without having to adjust your paddling technique. Large digits are bold and easy to read.
- Rechargeable Batteries – 5-8 hours of paddling time (based on backlight usage)
SpeedCoach SUP 2 Includes:
- Adjustable surface mount – Click here for mounting instructions
- Floating key fob
- Carry case
- Bluetooth® Smart Dongle(Included with Training Pack purchase)
What is LiNK?
LiNK is NK’s connected environment which greatly expands the performance improving capabilities of the SpeedCoach GPS platform. The LiNK environment will include Bluetooth Smart wireless connectivity to heart rate belts, sensors, phones, tablets, PC’s (dongle required) and Macs as well as cloud connectivity, web analytics and real-time tracking via apps. At the moment, our LiNK features include:
- Wirelessly transfer just go and workout interval data to PC for viewing and storage.
- Export data to charting and analysis programs, such as Excel, via CSV.
- Export data to FIT file format to enable transfer to third-party websites, such as Endomondo, Strava and any FIT-compatible site.
Note: Bluetooth Smart products will NOT work with ANT+ heart rate belts. Bluetooth Smart belts are compatible with all iOS fitness tracking apps.
NK SUP-Specific Calorie Equation
SpeedCoach SUP 2 is the only product on the market with a SUP specific calorie equation. The experts at NK have partnered with researchers from the University of Montana to bring SUP paddlers a SUP-specific equation that takes into account three distinct SUP profiles, based on different levels of paddling technique, and energy expenditure, based on oxygen consumption.
NK, along with the research staff at the University of Montana performed testing and research to come up with a metabolic equation for stand up paddle board activity. We collected metrics including heart rate, metabolic cost, and oxygen consumption to build an equation that will allow recreational paddlers, advanced paddlers, and racers evaluate the energy demands of their training sessions or events.
On the SpeedCoach SUP 2 you can view Total Calories Burned and Calorie Burn per Hour. You can take your training further by tracking energy expenditure in the form of calories. Enter your base metrics of height, weight and age, and the SpeedCoach SUP uses your raw data and a propriety algorithm for calculation of submaximal oxygen consumption (VO2) to determine energy expenditure.
There are no reviews yet.