The Fastest Board on the water just got Faster, the new 2023 Sprint Zero!
The Sprint with its slicing nose and fast hull design has been a flat water podium finishing race board for World Champion racers like Michael Booth, one of Starboard’s Dream Team Riders. With the new Zero, the Sprint has just got faster. Tested by a variety of top races, the ZERO has been fine-tuned for lightweight and strength for elite performance.
The new crazy lightweight 2023 Sprint is without a doubt Starboard’s fastest and most efficient race board for flat-water racing and ultra-long distances. The newly designed thicker slicing nose displaces water with a cleaner release so you can paddle faster with less drag and slowing you down. Rounded rails at the tail section feel more forgiving in side chop and creates a more efficient release and the refined standing cockpit with more dug-out rails helps utilize the full width to give you more stability and control. Redesigned center drainage system gives you 50% faster drainage speed, 50% weight reduction.
Technology: Zero – Hollow Carbon Construction
GAME CHANGING PERFORMANCE
- Zero EPS foam. Lightest ever.
- Zero is a game changer, with the fastest proven speed record of 3 board lengths faster over 50 strokes than the Carbon Sandwich.
- Zero has faster acceleration, higher top speed and requires less energy with each stroke, so riders can paddle for longer with more energy.
- Built using a combination of Biaxial Carbon, UD Carbon, PVC foam and PVC stringers. Every detail and material have been optimised to conserve weight, making the Zero over 3kg lighter than Carbon Sandwich and 4.5kg lighter than Wood Carbon.
- Zero is our most premium race construction. With over 6+ years in development, Starboard introduces the lightest full carbon hollow construction in SUP racing history.
ZERO EPS FOAM
The secret to the ZERO technology is the premium sandwich hollow layup. The hollow construction is a 100% biax carbon fiber sandwich technology with double carbon layers around a PVC body, featuring unidirectional carbon fiber and PVC for reinforcement.
100% Biax Carbon technology offers the strongest and stiffest board at the lightest possible weight, using the lightest grade of carbon fiber (100g Biax Carbon).
MULTIPLE PVC STRINGERS
Multiple PVC stringers connect the deck and bottom structure, creating an ultra solid frame at the lightest possible weight.
NEW NOSE PROFILE: SHARPER AND THICKER
- A thin, slicing nose design parts the water efficiently and stops the water from wrapping over the nose to slow you down. It pops faster in chop and gives you more trim control.
NEW ROUNDED TAIL EDGE
- The tail has a new rounded tail edge, giving a smoother release and more efficient glide. In choppy conditions, the new round tail is more forgiving.
NEW REFINED INNER STANDING AREA
- The inner rails are more dug out in the standing area to utilize the full width inside the cockpit and improve stability.
NEW PREPREG CARBON FIN
- The 3k pre-impregnated carbon biax is ultra-lightweight weave and creates super stiff performance throughout the fin. The trailing edge features a super sharp 0.4mm for clean hydrodynamics. The new range of fins adds speed and performance like never before.
- *Flash replaces Natural Winner
- *Flash+ replaces Race Ultra
NEW EVA RACE DEFLECTOR
- Deflect water entering into the standing, keeping water weight off the board and out of the cockpit. The rail deflector also acts as protection when tying the board onto roof racks.
- *The deflector will not be installed on the boards but shipped in the accessory box.
NEW CENTER DRAINAGE
We moved the drainage from the rails to center of the board resulting in:
- Less water weight on the rails, reducing the water causing imbalances in lateral stability.
- Faster drainage, we recorded up to 50% faster drainage time (drained in 18 strokes with center vs 39 strokes with rails).
- 50% reduction in weight change from 4 to 2 drainage holes
- The standing area is much drier overall as less water enters when leaning on the rail to rail turn.
NEW CARBON DRAIN COVERS
- Recessed into the board for maximum efficiency, secured with improved sealant glue and additional clear tape around the edge.
STARBOARD RACE SUP BOARD BAG
The recover bag is one of the lightest, toughest and most eco-friendly board bags on the market. For each meter of fabric, at least 10 plastic bottles are recovered and used to make the recycled polyester material.
- Recycled polyester 450D fabric – Ultra-durable ripstop technology
- Flipped construction – 8/10 mm padding
- Air ventilation – Heavy duty corrosion free
- Extra-padded shoulder handle
- Heavy-duty non-corrosive YKK buckles and zippers
|Best Use||Flat Water to Chop Racing|
|Type||Carbon Race Board|
|Weight||Shop tested board weighs just under 18 lbs|
|Weight Capacity (lbs)||200 lbs|
|Fin System||Single Flash+|
|Included in Box||Board, fin, EVA race deflectors & drain plug|