The 2022 Starboard 14′ Waterline. Fastest and Sleekest Designed Touring Board
The 14’0″ Waterline was designed with a shape focused on achieving maximum speed and stability with no splash or sound. The sleek hull design allows the Waterline to perform faster than the Starboard race boards at 75% speed. Making it one of the quickest rides ever.
Designed as a specialised flat-water touring board, the Waterline promises the smoothest and most relaxing paddling sensation in conditions with light chop.
Highlights of the Design
Narrow V-Shape Nose
The v-shape nose design slices through water without disturbance or splash, creating a feeling of pure efficiency and speed. The narrow nose also helps the board track in a straight line.
NEW Self-ventilating Valve
A self-ventilating air valve is available on the board. This valve is self-ventilating so, it should not be touched or removed – otherwise, you are at risk of damaging the valve system.
The narrowed nose gradually widens into a more parallel mid-section and wider tail section to provide maximum stability.
Cutaway Tail Design
Inspired from years of success in windsurfing the cutaway at the tail increases the speed by reducing drag from narrow wetted surface area. This allows for a narrowed down surface while planing, yet provides a fuller tail for stability.
Recessed Standing Area
Provides the paddler with a lower center of gravity for increased stability and control.
Nose and Tail Bungee Tie-downs
- 4 x bungee inserts help secure gear and supplies on the nose.
- With 2 extra bungee inserts on the tail, perfect for carrying gear for longer distance paddlers.
This Touring SUP is suited for all skill levels that want the fastest glide to paddle distances quickly with comfortable stability and the option to carry gear along the journey.
Technology: Lite Tech Technology
15 KG/M Density EPS Core fused and moulded individually to fit each and every Starboard board providing high strength at the lightest weight. Our moulded core technology produces zero EPS wastage.Unidirectional stringer bands and solid with added rail / nose reinforcements.creates extra rigidity. A combination of different fiberglass densities wrap the entire hull for high strength and durability and 0.6mm Australian Pin is placed in the standing areas. Reinforced fin boxes molded with extra strong Akulon Eco, made from upcycled fishing net, wrapped high density foam and sandwiched in over 1000 grams of glass reinforcements.
LIGHT, STRONG, AFFORDABLE
- New shoulder carry strap insert. Shoulder carry strap can be bought aftermarket.
- Extra rigidity with introduction of unidirectional stringer bands and solid with added rail / nose reinforcements.
- Australian pine on standing area for extra impact resistance and rigidity in the most critical area.
- All inserts have added high density foam reinforcements.
- Added rail / nose reinforcements
- Unidirectional stringer bands for Rigidity
- Low nose rocker for optimised flat-water touring
- Bungee tie-downs
- Box Rails for Stability
- Recessed deck pad for a lowers centre of gravity
- Deep Center Channel Provides lift and speed
- EVA Traction Pad
|Best Use||Touring, Fitness|
|Paddling Level||All Level Paddlers|
|Width||28″ / 30″|
|Thickness||7.6″ / 7.4″|
|Weight||34 LBS / 32 LBS|
|Volume||284 L / 259 L|
|Weight Capacity (lbs)||255 LBS / 245 LBS|
|Fin System||Single Dol-fin 22″ Center Fin|
|Included in Box||Board & Fin|