Carbon SUP Paddle: Hydro TempoX carbon performance touring and fitness paddle by Black Project.
The Hydro TempoX designed to produce an easy and comfortable speed. Thanks to its use of our proprietary AFT and PST technologies and built with 24T carbon that delivers both exceptional performance and remains comfortable during long paddle sessions. The moderate 10° blade angle further increases ease of use and comfort.
The TempoX is available in Fixed, Adjustable and 3-Piece Adjustable variations, plus four different blade sizes and two shaft diameters, the Hydro TempoX caters to any paddler’s specific needs.
The proprietary Advanced Flow Technology (AFT) is designed to significantly increase paddle efficiency and smoothness by reducing turbulence and unwanted blade movements. The Medium Power Scoop (MPS) features a single, medium depth power scoop with dihedral edge shape with dihedral edges delivers a smooth and controlled forward thrust and works in harmony with our the AFT to create a first-of-its-kind paddling experience.
Reflex 24T Carbon Construction
- The REFLEX shaft is built with 24T pre-preg carbon.
- Matte, sanded smooth finish.
- Delivers excellent performance, very low weight, and a near-zero failure rate.
- The REFLEX100 is a little stiffer and ideal for taller and heavier paddlers.
- The REFLEX90 is a little more flexible and ideal for shorter and lighter paddlers.
Note: Adjustable paddles come with 30cm (12 inches) of adjustment.
Each blade size is optimized for different size paddles.
- XL Blade | Shaft Length 195 – 225cm
- Large Blade | Shaft Length 185 – 215cm
- Medium Blade | Shaft Length 175 – 205cm
- Small Small | Shaft Length 165 – 195cm
TempoX Handle Options
- Powergrip Handle – provides increased efficiency, maximum power and comfort.
The Black Project lightweight and ergonomic 100% carbon Powergrip handle come with a vivid red matte finish. Designed with a wider and flatter back creates a secure feel that remains comfortable during longer races and workouts. Like all Black Project handles, the PowerGrip is hollow to help eliminate any excess weight.
All Hydro TempoX paddles come complete with our Paddle Bag ($125 value).
- Durable one-piece construction
- Advanced Flow Technology (AFT)
- Medium Power Scoop (MPS
- Available in XL, L, M & S Blade
- Rounded Edges help protect damage to your board
- 100% Carbon construction
- Hot glue construction
- Includes Black Project Paddle Bag
|Best Use||Fitness, Touring & Race – Long distance paddling|
|Paddling Level||Recreation to Advanced|
|Shaft Material||Reflex 24T unidirectional carbon and 3k carbon twill|
|Shaft Sizes||26.5mm & 29mm|
|Length||Fixed – Standard 29mm / Slim Shaft 26.5mm|
|Blade Size||Small / Medium / Large / X-Large|
Sizing and Specs
|Shaft Diameter (mm)||STANDARD (29)||STANDARD (29)||STANDARD (29)||S L I M (26.5)||STANDARD (29)||S L I M (26.5)|
|Shaft Construction||Reflex 100 (Stiff)||Reflex 100 (Stiff)||Reflex 90 (More Flex)||Reflex 90 (More Flex)||Reflex 90 (More Flex)||Reflex 90 (More Flex)|
|Actual Size (cm2)||612||563||506||506||491||491|
|Actual Size (in2)||94.9||87.3||78.4||78.4||76.1||76.1|
|Paddler Weight (KG)||90 – 110||80 – 100||70 – 90||70 – 90||60 – 80||60 – 80|
|Paddler Weight (lbs)||200-245||175-220||155-200||155-200||130 – 175||130 – 175|
Robson Dantas (verified owner) –
EXCELLENT PADDLE, AND AWESOME COSTUMER SERVICE!!