Hopu meaning “grab” in Hawaiian, this outrigger paddle is best for paddlers looking for a solid grab at the catch.
Designed by John Puakea, who is a renowned paddler and coach. The HOPU HYBRID paddle is a combination of traditional wood and modern composite materials, resulting in a paddle that is lightweight, durable, and provides excellent performance. The blade of the paddle is made of a foam core with carbon fiber laminate, while the double bend wood shaft is handmade.
Formally known as the “OC6 Hybrid” paddle, this paddle features a larger volume blade design with a double-bend shaft. The very slight scoop on the leading edge of the blade allows it to enter the water cleanly and with more width at the shoulders, this paddle packs a bigger bite at the catch than our original paddle. At the catch position, the double-bend oval shaft (smaller in diameter than our original paddle) promotes a comfortable, loose grip and relaxed wrist.
An HCRA approved conforming outrigger paddle.
- Type: Double Bend Hybrid Outrigger Paddle
- Length: 47″ to 52″ (Custom sizes also available)
- Width: 9.4″ blade
- Weight: approx. 21 oz.
- Surface Area: 113 sq. inches
- Color: Carbon fiber with green accent
- Blade Material: Carbon fiber with a Matte finish and an ABS edge
- Shaft Materials: Layered Poplar, Bass and Cedar
- Handle Material: Carbon fiber
There are no reviews yet.