New shop is open!
This has been a long time coming and we are so happy to be officially in our new home! The shop is over double the space of our last location – which is AWESOME – and we only had to relocate 40 paces to the left! Yes, we are in the same shopping center so you don’t have to go far to find us. BIG plans for 2019 are underway so having more room, means more cool gear and room for in-store events and workshops.
Come in and see us to check out the new digs!
Need some last minute Christmas gifts? We love procrastinators! Let’s get creative together and give something they really want! There are items for all budgets with great stocking-stuffers and gift certificates too!
New 2019 stock is already on the floor! Come check out some great deals on 2018 items and lots of fantastic gift ideas!
** Receive $100 Visa pre-paid gift card rebate when you use the in-store financing with $0 down, 0% deferred interest for 12-months on purchases over $250.00. (See store for details)
Holiday Rental Special! Rent a paddleboard for 3 days for the price of 1. Pick up in-store on the 24th and return by the end of day on the 26th for only $40. The perfect outdoor activity to share with friends and family.
OneWheel and Evolve Skateboards have been a hot seller for this Holiday season! In stock now, we have all the popular models in stock and ready to ride.
New stuff arriving…
We have added some early deliveries and some HOT new products for 2019!
- Starboard: The 2019 inflatable paddleboards have new welded seams that create a complete airtight seam that is longer lasting and better for the environment. Starboard created the new Zen LITE iSUP models that include the welded seams, lighter construction with a price that won’t break the bank. Some of our favorite inflatables for this year are the new Tikhine series – “Art you can ride” by professional paddler and artist Sonni Honscheid.
- Boardworks: The new Solr model and Riptide inflatable packages are a great “turn-key” solution to purchasing a paddleboard at a great price. Stable and fun for a wide range of paddleboarders, these boards are great looking and include a paddle.
- Aire Kayaks: Coming soon the new Aire kayaks have a versatile design with rugged materials that are great for rivers and lakes. Inflatable kayaks make it super simple to pack and transport to lakes and rivers where other crafts are limited.
- Hobie Eclipses: 2019 models fully stocked in all colors and sizes. These are not traditional stand up paddleboards, but definitely a unique way to get out and paddle on the water. The Eclipse can be configured to “pedal” the board while holding onto a handle similar to a bike, or simply remove the handles and pedal drive and “paddle” like a traditional paddleboard. They are incredibly fast, fun and stable to maneuver.
The Lake Havasu Paddlefest was another great hit! This year the wind completely cooperated and we were able to get a lot of paddlers out trying new boards. The event is put on every year by Southwest Kayaks in conjunction with the Annual Sand and Boat Expo. The best part of this event is we get to camp on the shoreline, for a full weekend with Southwest Kayaks, Lower Gear and a slew of water enthusiasts. The Lake Havasu Outrigger Canoe Club was also out in force along with some awesome Havasu locals we only get to see a few time every year. Huge thanks to Alex and Justin Butel for including us every year.
Upcoming Shop Closures
Christmas Eve: Closing at noon on Monday, December 24th.
Christmas Day: Tuesday, December 25th.
New Year’s Eve: Monday, December 31st
New Year’s Day: Tuesday, January 1st, 2018
Hano Hano Huki Ocean Challenge: The shop will be closed from Friday, January 25th through Monday, January 28th. Can’t wait!
MARK YOUR CALENDARS NOW ! online schedule
Hano Hano Huki Ocean Challenge 2019 – Another annual tradition we never miss. Yes, it is winter, but the weather always has a way of becoming a stellar California beach day. The raffle prizes are by far the best of all the local races and then there is the coolest paddling Ohana! Come check it out for yourselves. More information can be found HERE!
2019 – Full Steam Ahead!
Burning calories! This was a year for that! The best burns of course were all those times on the water. The weekly paddles at Tempe Town Lake were super fun and therapeutic for us. The paddle events and races have been the best for seeing old friends and pushing ourselves hard:
- Hano Hano Huki
- Verde River Runoff
- Pacific Paddle Games
- Another Dam Race.
Then those cool events paddling for a cause greater than our own:
- Stand Up For the Cure
- Little Pink Houses of Hope
- The Wounded Warriors Project
All the time that we have been able to get out on the water has been AMAZING!
We are already starting to secure special events for 2019 that’s so exciting and a little scary to say out loud – so be sure to check our events calendar regularly or follow us on social media to plan your next paddle!
Looking back through 2018, we had had such an amazing year. – all because of YOU! Thank you – from the bottom of our hearts – for your laughs, your courage to try new things, your first race, the miles traveled, your adventurous spirits, your competitive beasts, and your endless support!
We are going into 2019 strong with a light headwind! Dig deep and paddle hard!
See you on the water.
~Corey & Teri